Saturday, June 11, 2011

John Wooden Love Letters

This video perfectly captures and displays the beliefs of John Wooden in person and how much Love meant to him. Not only did he have great love for his teams and players but also his wife, kids, parents, brothers, friends, and everything that was important to him.
It goes to show you why he was such an inspirational and loyal man.

5 comments:

  1. This is both inspiring and challenging, in that I have to wonder if the "love" that Wooden had is really something that we all are capable of. And is it necessary for us to have this "love" if we ever wish to reach our potential as coaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooden is obviously an amazing person. The love he gave was exhibited through his loyalty to everything he was a part of. I think it's interesting that he credits everything about himself to his dad, and what his dad would do or would have wanted. What do you think has caused the more recent shift in changing coaching jobs so frequently now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Wooden's take on love is to accept unconditionally. He did that with his players. He took the good with the bad, and tried to take each player to the top of his abilities. Accepting someone who has faults is tough. Not every coach can do that..>MARK

    ReplyDelete
  4. As we all know, wooden was a great, legendary coach and human. Whenever a former player of his is interviewed, the player has nothing but the highest remarks for Wooden as a coach. Wooden would do things like invite players over for holiday dinners with his family if they couldn't be with their families, or bail them out of jail if it was for something like a parking or traffic violation. He was always looking out for the well being of his players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing to see Wooden's ability to love. I agree with Cole's assessment that we all may not have the ability to love like Wooden does. I personally don't think I could even though Wooden is someone I admire would like to be similar to as a coach.

    ReplyDelete